Monday, July 8 kicks off new student enrollment in Aldine ISD. This year’s enrollment period comes with a new and convenient way for families to enroll their students — online enrollment.
“Back-to-School is an exciting time for both students and parents,” said Aldine ISD Superintendent Dr. LaTonya M. Goffney. “The new online enrollment process will help expedite registration, allowing new Aldine ISD families to begin completing the required paperwork before visiting a campus.”
Students new to the district or previous Aldine ISD students who were not enrolled on the last day of school must register as a new student.
Forms are available online and can be completed on most computers, cell phones or tablets. Aldine ISD campuses will also have computers available for parents to complete required forms electronically. Once enrollment forms are submitted, families must meet with campus administrators to complete the registration process. Appointment times and hours vary per campus.
The Aldine ISD School Locator should be used to determine a student’s assigned campus.
Enrollment Steps for New Aldine ISD Students
- Confirm your child’s assigned campus using the School Locator.
- Visit AldineISD.org/enrollment and create an account with PowerSchool Enrollment to begin the new student enrollment process. Once the required information has been submitted, contact your campus to schedule an appointment to finalize your child’s enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year.
- During the appointment, the following documents will be needed. All documents should reflect the parent/guardian’s name, street address and must be dated within the last 30 days:
- Birth Certificate
- Social security card for each child, if available
- Current immunization records
- Government-issued photo ID for the child’s parent or guardian
- Last report card, transcript, and withdrawal forms, if applicable
- Proof of residency (Lease, current gas bill, current water bill or current light bill)
- If a student was enrolled on the last day of the 2018-2019 school year and will be attending a different Aldine ISD school this school year, a one page enrollment form should be completed. This includes students that moved over the summer, students selected for the Magnet program, transfer students, or students selected for Avalos, Blanson or Victory. Parents will need to bring proof of address and current immunization records to complete registration.
If you need assistance with enrolling your new student online or have questions about enrollment contact your assigned campus or call the Student Services department at 281.985.4782.