The Aldine Maintenance Department maintains over eighty educational campuses, offices, shops, and sports facilities. The district operates 4 waste water treatment plants and 5 domestic water supply systems which deliver water to a variety of campuses, residences, and businesses. The district also owns and operates primary electrical distribution systems at several sites throughout the district. We utilize a state of the art energy management system to schedule, control, monitor, and trouble shoot HVAC and lighting systems throughout the district from a central control room. In addition to these physical plants, we also oversee a vehicle fleet of over 125 heavy trucks, light trucks and vans, police cruisers, cars for attendance counselors , tractors and brush hogs, trailers, and assorted heavy equipment. Our primary goal as stewards of the district’s taxpayers is to provide a safe, pleasant, and comfortable learning environment for students enrolled. We appreciate your interest in this department and would appreciate your input for improving our service to students, staff, and patrons of the district.
- Provide a brief description of the problem and its location. Use WRT to submit work requests to the Maintenance department. Authorized users are located at each campus or facility.
- Not all Work Requests should be submitted to the Maintenance Department. Before submitting work requests, be sure which department is responsible for the problem. The Departments tab above will list various departments in the district and their areas of responsibility. The Maintenance department regularly monitors all work requests submitted and will work to re-direct work requests sent to the wrong department. However, remember that response to your work request will be slower if it has to be forwarded to the correct department. As always, if you are unsure, call 6255 for advice.
- Include a Work Request Number. Since we process a large number of work requests, you must have a work request number. WRT will assign a number to each work request as they are submitted. If you call in a work request, be sure to have that number ready so that you can provide that number to our dispatcher. As always, even if you have called in a work request, we still require that you send in a work request on-line.
- Emergency Work Requests should be called in immediately. The trick here is deciding what is an emergency and what is not. Threats to life and safety, issues affecting security, or conditions that interfere with instruction qualify as emergencies. Remember that we only have 2 dispatchers and 4 incoming lines. Consequently, during periods of heavy use, they will be very busy.
- Be sure to include all necessary information. Describe the problem and its location. Be as specific as necessary so that our craftsmen can locate the problem without bothering anyone at the campus.
- Before calling in or sending a Work Request, check for any obvious causes and/or solutions. Be sure the equipment is plugged in. Ask your custodian to look for a valve under the sink that will shut off broken faucets, to check that the “mull” in the center of a doorway has not been installed upside down, or to be sure someone has not turned off a breaker in the mechanical room.
- Be brief. Because we are taking calls from 80+ locations, we would appreciate your cooperation by providing us with only the necessary information.
- Maintenance vs. Capital Improvement. Understand the Maintenance Department is responsible for the repair and upkeep of buildings, equipment, and systems that are existing and in place. We are not authorized to make additions to or modifications of your campus without administrative approval and funding.
- Be Timely. Because most of the maintenance staff works from 7:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., report problems that require immediate attention as soon as possible.
- Maintain a Work Request log sheet. Keeping a list of work requests will enable you to quickly and easily keep tabs on the status of repairs to your building. WRT users are also able to query the system for work requests they have submitted to ascertain their status.
- When in doubt, call. We are here to be of assistance to you. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us at 281.985.6255.
|Technology Services||Cindy Bingham
• Audio Visual
• Public Address Systems
• Wide Area Network
• Clocks & Bells
|Central Receiving||Steve Oakes
• Ordering light bulbs
• Furniture repair
|Pest Control||Milo Ortiz
• Interior Pest Control
|Buildings & Properties||Milo Ortiz
• Lawn Mower repair
• Gym & Stage Floors
• Custodial Equipment Repair
• Pickup & Delivery of Custodial supplies & equipment
• A/C Exception Schedules
• Fire Extinguishers
• Building Rentals
• Mowing fields & playgrounds
• Outside Pest Control
• Parking Lots
|Child Nutrition Services||Dani Sheffield
• Kitchen appliance repair
|Police Department||Chief Kevin Northey
• Security Systems
• Surveillance systems
|Print Shop||Anna Morris
• Field Trips
• General Maintenance
• Athletic Washer & Dryers
• Overhead Doors
• Fire Alarms
|Career & Tech. Education||Franklin Higgins
• Appliance repair for Home Ec
• Tool Repair for Ind. Tech.