Students must be four years old by September 1 of the current year. They must also qualify to attend PreK programs that are offered for free and meet the criteria listed below. Please note that students must reapply to attend kindergarten if the school your child attended for PreK is not zoned for your residence.
- Official birth certificate (any country)
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Child’s social security card (if available)
- Current proof of address (utility bill with address)
- Parent/guardian picture ID from any country
- Income information (such as a current pay stub or W2 form, if available)
District staff can assist families needing additional documents.
Criteria for Free Pre-K
To be eligible…
- Your child must be 4 years old by Sept. 1 of the current year and;
- You must live in the Aldine school zone and;
- You must fulfill one of the following requirements
- Family income meets state requirements or;
- English Language Learner or;
- Active military duty or;
- Homeless or Foster Care.